Friday, December 23, 2011

Nice Progress

We have been focusing on moves for the past month and Tessa is coming along quite nicely.

She is leg weaving now, almost fluently at home! We will need to do some leg weaving out and about and work on some variations, but she is really becoming very comfortable with the move.

Her pivots are developing very well, too. I used "my" pivot method with her and it is not failing me. I expect she will be pivoting as nicely as Dean before long. We have progressed from the chair to the pylon and really just need to build some fluency to get to the point where we won't need that, either.

We haven't done much yet with backing or with paw work, so that is still on our "to do" list. We are also starting some prop work.

The biggest news is that we are actually starting work on our first routine! I have the opening planned and we just need to practice it. Then we need to develop most of the rest.

I am very much looking forward to these next couple of months and to seeing how this develops!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment