Friday, November 8, 2013

In the Blink of an Eye

I have struggled over the past year with training for a very non-training related reason.  My husband was working a night job.  Pretty much every day, he is sleeping when I get home.  And he gets up to leave either just before or a little after I have to go to bed for the night.  There is simply no time for me to be moving about the house, making any kind of noise.

There have been times when I have been able to "catch" short training sessions, but for the most part, I have had to reserve most of my training for class.  I did get a good bit done over the summer, of course, and then that ended when school began in mid-August.

A bit part of my frustration last weekend came from the fact that I knew that we would have progressed much further if I had been able to train with Tessa on a regular basis.  We have so many started, but unfinished, behaviors, solely because I can't dedicate the time to finishing them!

Well, in the blink of an eye that has changed.  My husband has a new job that is going to have a much better schedule.  No more of this.  Most days when I get home from work I will have all the time to train that I could want or need!

I am overjoyed!

It won't start until the beginning of December, but I am fine with that!  There is light at the end of the tunnel and I am very excited to get back to regular quality training sessions with my dogs!

Maybe this is one of those things that will make me really appreciate the chance to train when I have it!

Now I am very excited about the places we may go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment