Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Happy 5th Anniversary, Tessa!

This October has been our 5th Tessa Month!!  Earlier in the month we celebrated the 5th Anniversary of the day I met her in the shelter when I evaluated her, and then almost a week later, the day I went and picked her up at the shelter and brought her home as my foster.  Yesterday was officially her 5th Adoption Day!

Tessa doesn't get a birthday.  I have no idea when she was born.  But she gets a whole Gotcha Month, and that is extra special for her.

I can't believe how far she has come in just 5 years!  It seems impossible that she was ever the shut down and terrified dog who used to stand on the deck and yowl, cowering next to the door, if I tried to separate her from the other dogs to take her somewhere by herself!  I can hardly believe she was ever the dog I had to work very hard to get into the car!

Now she is a confident and happy girl and we have so much fun together.  Her eyes just sparkle with happiness most of the time.

She is my dream Agility partner.  I don't think any dog I run in the future will ever measure up to her in many ways!

Here we are having a bit of fun together.  This is officially the best Freestyle performance of Tessa's life!

Happy 5th Tessa Month!!  Here's to many, many more!



No comments:

Post a Comment