But a new month, a new beginning, and new things to look forward to.
I have enrolled in a new round of online classes through the Fenzi Academy. Dean and I are taking Body Awareness through Targeting at gold! And Tessa and I are doing Precision Heeling at bronze. I am going to enjoy both classes, I am certain!
And there is a free workshop on goal setting happening on the Cyber Rally-O list, which I intend to take part in.
The first task of the workshop was to create a "wish list" of goals. Here is mine - it is quite extensive!
- Train all exercises needed for Advanced Rally FrEe, including those that are weak from Intermediate and Novice Level.
- Train all desired exercises from Cyber Rally Level 3. She is fine on most, but there are likely a few that could use some training.
- Prepare and train a really good Intermediate Freestyle routine for WCFO.
- Prepare and train a really good Novice HTM routine for WCFO, with hands behind my back as part of the choreography.
- Prepare and train a really good routine for the DCD Challenge. This can be a modification of a WCFO routine and can be for any category. Tessa has not stood out in the Challenge - it's time!
- For Agility, solidify weave poles, and build sends.
- Train exercises yet untrained or unfinished for WCR Rally Level 3.
- Train all remaining exercises desired for Cyber Rally Level 3 (work through Level 2 Traditional, if necessary, to build fluency and skill)
- Train all exercises needed for Advanced Rally FrEe, including those that are weak from Intermediate and Novice Levels.
- Agility: Keep having fun, plan that summer NADAC day at Periland just for Dean
- Create a routine for the DCD Challenge that really showcases Dean. Any category.
- Create a routine for the new RFE Freestyle for Dean and enter a video event with it. The same routine can be used for both if I am able to choreograph one that meets criteria for both. Otherwise, two separate routines will be prepared.
- Continue physical therapy to keep him active for many, many years to come.
That is quite a lot, but I believe that the legwork for a good bit of it can be combined. Many of the skills from Rally FrEe and Freestyle overlap.
Honestly, I believe that my goals really do boil down to:
- Train/Build Fluency for new or weak skills
- Choreograph Routines
I am thinking that what I need to do is compile a list for both dogs of all skills that we need to work on. It is going to be massive. Perhaps I will assess those by fluency level. Something like: Needs Complete Training, Started, but not Known, Close to Fluent, and Fluent.
Then I believe it would be a good strategy to go back and do what I did with Speedy years and years and years ago. Print the items, cut them into squares, put them into a container, and draw out 2 - 3 of them several times a week to work on.
I know that others would find that it makes more sense to focus on one skill at a time, but that has never really been my way.
Once we have more of the pieces in place, the choreography will be a pleasure!!
So, next on the agenda - skill lists!!