Wednesday, October 8, 2014

We're Really Doing This!!!

Bandit and I are off and running and well on our way toward becoming a Freestyle team!!

I do have to recognize the irony in the fact that the first thing I am teaching my Border Collie puppy is to circle around me!!  HA!!  But, he is learning to circle on cue, under stimulus control, not willy-nilly.  We shall see how that pans out!

Here he is doing his first training session with circles around me.  He was offering the behavior in the gates and he was getting clicks and treats for it:



Here we are just one week later and he is circling, still in the gates, on verbal cue!  YES!!!



We have also been doing some pivot platform work.

Here he is, actually a little while ago, learning to offer paws up on the pivot platform:



Recently, starting the pivot with a lure to help him keep his front feet in place:



And, just yesterday, starting to offer the pivot as I move around!



We still have a long way to go before we are dancing, but these are such great skills for him to be getting at this stage of his training!

I can't wait to see where we go from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment