Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Odd Morning

Tessa woke me up this morning, acting like there was thunder in the area.  She jumped up on the bed, was wiggling up against me, and was shaking.

To my knowledge there was no thunder, and Dean, the world's biggest thunder-phobe, appeared to be perfectly fine, so I got up and let them out for a few minutes.  It was about 4:00 AM.

I went back to bed, but she was no better.  I was about to get up and check the weather radar to see if there were storms it the area when I heard this "chirp" sound.  Right away, Tessa shivered harder, so I knew that was the culprit.

But I had no idea what the heck it was.

Finally I got up and walked out into the kitchen, and heard the "chirp" again.  I figured out that it was one of our fire alarms.  We have two, both built into the wall, and on one of them, the green light was flashing, which doesn't normally happen.  It chirped again, and I figured the unit was trying to tell me it was out of whack.  I hit the "reset" button and it went back to solid green, and all was well.

I'm not sure why it went berserk.  There was no fire or anything - the other one was fine.  I hope this isn't going to start to be an issue because it freaked Tessa out majorly!

After a while she figured out that the sound "chirp" had stopped and she went back to sleep.

Very strange morning . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment