Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Our Colors Run

So, this was our Colors run from Sunday . . . 



There are some things that I LOVE about this run!

1.  Tessa's Attitude

Tessa was having fun!  Her tail was swishing away and she was obviously enjoying the heck out of the run!

2.  Tessa's Jumping

Tessa's jumping is absolutely beautiful!  She loves to sail over those jumps and she is very pretty doing it!  She's got some power going, too!

3.  The TEETER!!

I am still amazed by the fact that I chose the course with the teeter, but I am glad that I did.  Every good teeter that Tessa executes in competition a deposit in the confidence bank for the future!

4.  Her performance in the sequence after the weaves!

She just bursts right out of that puppy bow by the weaves and flies through the last jumps and tunnel!  I love that!  She did that with style!!

There are really only two things that I don't love.

1.  My  handling

I babysat the first jump, I babysat the end of the teeter, and my arms were flying like mad at the very end.

I know better than to do all of that.  I will cut myself some slack.  I was not in a great frame of mind and I was muddling a bit.  That wasn't bad muddling, really.

But I can handle better and I know it!

2.  Weaves

Well, she needs a refresher, that's all!  Tessa is the most solid weaver I've ever had.  I'm not sure why her off side weaves fell apart, but a bit of extra training and I have no doubt they will be back.

So, all in all it is a run that I am happy with.  It was our first Level 3 Colors Q, and that is an accomplishment that I value!

Looking forward to SuperPup in a couple of weeks.  I know I will most likely be more in Agility mode that day and we should have the chance to run pretty nicely.

And in Freestyle news . . . I have sent in my entry for the Star Spangled Swing.  Back to Beginner we go for Heelwork.  I am looking forward to it, actually.  I mean to make a new skirt, and to make Tessa a new pretty decorative collar, and to really make this routine one that will really showcase what a beautiful girl she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment