Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Things DO happen for a reason!

Recently I had Dean checked out and it seems he probably does not have a leg injury.  I still want to get him x-rayed this summer, but for now he seems to be good to go to get back into Agility next session.  I'll take it easy at first and make sure he's OK, but we are all set to go back.

I am glad about this and I am looking forward to running with him again.

But I realize, once again, that things do happen for a reason.

Last night Dean had a blast at Rally FrEe class.  This is a rare opportunity to have him in the building for entire classes and he was just getting a kick out of everything last night.  He was watching the other dogs take their turns, making faces at me from the crate, looking around, taking everything in, and toggling between being brilliant and a goof in the ring!

I don't think I ever would have brought him into the class had he not needed to take a hiatus from Agility and I am so, so grateful that I did.  Being able to share a class with him like this is such a rare experience, and I truly do treasure it.

I'm not sure what he is going to think of the competition.  In a way, it really doesn't matter.  As long as he is enjoying the class, I definitely mean to bring him.

And Freestyle - I just have oodles of ideas for routines to put together with him for the Challenge.  I am just rarin' to go, as soon as school is out, to get a bunch of stuff video'ed with him.  I think he is going to do some absolutely beautiful work.

Yes, things happen for a reason.  A door has truly opened for Dean and I to enjoy more work together.  I think this will be a very good summer for us.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment